Tessellate.Co will never compromise on the quality of our jewellery, and we strive to create stunning pieces that can last a long time.
Our pieces do not rust easily or have severe discolouration over time, but to ensure that your Tessellate.Co pieces remain as timeless classics, some basic care will be required. Here are some tips to get you started.
There is no problem in wearing your jewellery daily, even if it comes into contact with water/ soap.
However, try to prevent your jewellery from coming into direct contact with chemicals such as perfume, as it might cause your jewellery to lose shine. Should your jewellery tarnish, you can still restore it's shine by polishing it.
For 925 Silver:
- Sterling Silver jewellery requires minimal care.
- It does not stain your fingers (i.e. leave green marks) when in contact with sweat
- In the case of oxidisation, you may use a polishing cloth to shine your jewellery, or clean it using warm water and soap.
- Brass oxidises over time to a darker shade, achieving a Vintage look. Many actually prefer this look to Shiny Brass - in this case minimal/ no polishing is required, or simply clean it with soapy water.
- Should you wish to restore brass's shine, you may use some Lemon Juice. Here's a Tutorial on how to keep your brass jewellery shiny.
- Brass might stain your fingers (turning it green where the band touches your skin) due to sweat - to prevent this, simply coat a clear layer of nail polish on the inside of the ring!
For Gold Plated Brass:
- Gold Plated jewellery allows for the jewellery to stay shiny for a longer period of time
- We also offer some jewellery which are E-coated on top of gold plating. E-coating is a layer of Lacquer that protects the jewellery and helps to keep it's shine. This also prevents any staining.
- However, Gold-plated jewellery will require should you wish to retain it's shiny. Scratching of the jewellery / contact with liquids will cause the Coating and Gold plating to wear off, but with proper care it can last up to 6 months.
- After the plating has faded, the natural look of Brass will be restored and you can care for it as instructed above.
You may wish to keep certain gemstones such as Natural Turquoise and Opal away from water, as they may change the original colour of the gemstones. Opal will turn clear when put in water, but will restore it's colour when it's dry.